MENU

Wednesday, March 15, 2017

All I Ever Wanted by Katie Ford

with 0 comments
View this email on a browserForward to a friend
March 15, 2017
 

All I Ever Wanted

 
Katie Ford
illustration

About This Poem

 

"A bit more than two years after the end of my marriage, I remembered that the history of poetry stores within it the history of making a homemade gift for someone you love. On Christmas Eve I wrote this poem, and on Christmas Day I gave it away."
—Katie Ford

 

Katie Ford is the author of Blood Lyrics (Graywolf Press, 2014). She teaches at the University of California, Riverside, and lives in South Pasadena, California.

 

Photo credit: Helge Brekke 

Poetry by Ford

 

Blood Lyrics

(Graywolf Press, 2014) 

"The Gift" by Li-Young Lee

read-more

"In Praise of Their Divorce" by Tony Hoagland

read-more

"Anthem" by Melissa Stein

read-more

Poem-a-Day

 

Launched during National Poetry Month in 2006, Poem-a-Day features new and previously unpublished poems by contemporary poets on weekdays and classic poems on weekends. If you enjoy Poem-a-Day, please consider making a donation to help make it possible.

Advertisement Advertisement
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment