MENU

Tuesday, March 7, 2017

He said I wrote about death, by Kim Dower

with 0 comments
View this email on a browserForward to a friend
March 7, 2017
 

He said I wrote about death,

 
Kim Dower
illustration

About This Poem

 

"My mentor and favorite poet, Thomas Lux, noted after reading my latest collection, 'there's a little more mortality creeping in, more darkness.' I was surprised by this, and then that night I dreamed about running over a bird. When I awoke I thought, 'he said I wrote about death,' which became a prompt and title for this poem. I now dedicate this poem to him, the most generous and beloved teacher and friend the world has ever known."
—Kim Dower

 

Kim Dower is the author of Last Train to the Missing Planet (Red Hen Press, 2016). She is the City Poet Laureate of West Hollywood and teaches at Antioch University in Los Angeles.

 

Photo credit: Elizabeth Lippman

 

Poetry by Dower

 

Last Train to the Missing Planet

(Red Hen Press, 2016) 

"Because I could not stop for Death (479)" by Emily Dickinson

read-more

"More Stones" by Andrea Cohen

read-more

"Dirge Without Music" by Edna St. Vincent Millay

read-more

Poem-a-Day

 

Launched during National Poetry Month in 2006, Poem-a-Day features new and previously unpublished poems by contemporary poets on weekdays and classic poems on weekends. If you enjoy Poem-a-Day, please consider making a donation to help make it possible.

Advertisement
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment