MENU

Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Poem by Joy Katz

with 0 comments
View this email on a browserForward to a friend
March 14, 2017
 

Poem

 
Joy Katz
illustration

About This Poem

 

"I wanted to write for my neighbor Miriam, an OB-GYN. All day she does her job and I do mine. She says it makes her happy that I'm a poet. What is my labor? Maybe being a poet; her thinking I'm over here doing whatever it is I do, is itself the gift. I don't know."
—Joy Katz

 

Joy Katz is the author of All You Do Is Perceive (Four Way Books, 2013). She teaches in the Madwomen in the Attic workshops at Carlow University and lives in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.

 

Photo credit: Star Black

 

Poetry by Katz

 

All You Do Is Perceive

(Four Way Books, 2013) 

"Tuesday" by Fady Joudah

read-more

"Diving into the Wreck" by Adrienne Rich

read-more

"Each Moment a White Bull Steps Shining into the World" by Jane Hirshfield

read-more

Poem-a-Day

 

Launched during National Poetry Month in 2006, Poem-a-Day features new and previously unpublished poems by contemporary poets on weekdays and classic poems on weekends. If you enjoy Poem-a-Day, please consider making a donation to help make it possible.

 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment