MENU

Wednesday, June 7, 2017

"Leave Something Quiet in Shell of My Ear" by CAConrad

with 0 comments
View this email on a browserForward to a friend
June 7, 2017
 

Leave Something Quiet in Shell of My Ear

 
CAConrad
illustration

About This Poem

 

"This is a poem I dedicate to the great Margaret Randall and it was written from a ritual I did where I studied pollinators, especially the sphinx moth, pollinating cherry blossoms in Marfa, Texas. After a sphinx moth or bee pollinated a blossom I would pluck it and let it dissolve on my tongue while writing."
—CAConrad

 

CAConrad is the author of While Standing in Line for Death, forthcoming in the fall of 2017 from Wave Books. He lives in Philadelphia.

more-at-poets

Poetry by Conrad

 

While Standing in Line for Death

(Wave Books, 2017) 

"from It's Time" by Frank Sherlock

read-more

"our happiness" by Eileen Myles

read-more

"Appeal to the Grammarians" by Paul Violi

read-more

Poem-a-Day

 

Launched during National Poetry Month in 2006, Poem-a-Day features new and previously unpublished poems by contemporary poets on weekdays and classic poems on weekends. If you enjoy Poem-a-Day, please consider making a donation to help make it possible.

Advertisement
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment