MENU

Monday, July 10, 2017

"Looking at My Father" by Wendy Xu

with 0 comments
View this email on a browserForward to a friend
July 10, 2017
 

Looking at My Father

 
Wendy Xu
illustration

About This Poem

 

"I wrote this poem for my father, to send him a prayer by way of loving contemplation. As poetry is a practice of sustained revision and betterment, so is the act of being my immigrant father's daughter. I honor him by revisiting myself."
—Wendy Xu

 

Wendy Xu is the author of Phrasis (Fence Books, 2017). She teaches at Columbia University and lives in Brooklyn, New York.

Poetry by Xu

 

Phrasis

(Fence Books, 2017)

"When I Grow Up I Want to Be a List of Further Possibilities" by Chen Chen

read-more

"Quiet the Dog, Tether the Pony" by Marilyn Chin

read-more

"Amphibians" by Joseph O. Legaspi

read-more

Help Support Poem-a-Day

 

If you value Poem-a-Day, please consider a monthly donation or one-time gift to help make it possible. Poem-a-Day is the only digital series publishing new, previously unpublished work by today's poets each weekday morning. The free series, which also features a curated selection of classic poems on weekends, reaches 450,000+ readers daily. Thank you!

 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment