MENU

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Poem-A-Day: Ted Mathys, Appalachian Trail

with 0 comments
Academy of American Poets

July 19, 2012

Today's poem is copyright © 2012 by Ted Mathys. Used with permission of the author.

More from this author




Related Poems

  • The National Interest
    by Ted Mathys
  • Appalachian Front
    by Robert Lewis Weeks
  • Bantams in Pine-Woods
    by Wallace Stevens
  • Striding the Bones of the Coastal Range
    by Joyce James

  • You can unsubscribe from our Poem-A-Day emails at at anytime—either completely, or until next April.

    Academy of American Poets
    75 Maiden Lane
    Suite 901
    New York, NY 10038
    212-274-0343
    academy@poets.org



    Appalachian Trail
    by Ted Mathys

    I am in the
    main on the

    mend I am in
    Maine on the

    wagon on
    Katahdin in

    an animal
    skin I am a

    pencilmaker
    breaking

    a stolen mirror
    metaphor over

    the peak to
    make Maine

    lakes glint in
    sun I broke

    like a main
    clause over

    the forest of the
    page and paused

    to drink from a
    literal canteen

    Share Digg StumbleUpon Facebook E-mail to Friend

     

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment