MENU

Saturday, September 26, 2015

I shall forget you presently, my dear (Sonnet IV) by Edna St. Vincent Millay

with 0 comments
View this email on a browserForward to a friend
September 26, 2015
 

I shall forget you presently, my dear (Sonnet IV)

 
Edna St. Vincent Millay

About This Poem

 

“I shall forget you presently, my dear (Sonnet IV)” was published in A Few Figs from Thistles: Poems and Sonnets (Frank Shay, 1920).

 

Poet and playwright Edna St. Vincent Millay was born in Rockland, Maine, on February 22, 1892. Her collections of verse include The Ballad of the Harp-Weaver (1922), for which she was awarded the Pulitzer Prize, and Make Bright the Arrows (1940). She died on October 19, 1950.

 

Photo Credit: Carl Van Vechten

Poetry by Millay

 

Millay Poems

(Everyman's Library, 2010)

"When You Are Old" by W. B. Yeats

read-more

"A Love Song" by William Carlos Williams

read-more

"One Art" by Elizabeth Bishop

read-more

Poem-a-Day

 

Launched during National Poetry Month in 2006, Poem-a-Day features new and previously unpublished poems by contemporary poets on weekdays and classic poems on weekends.

 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment