MENU

Tuesday, December 20, 2016

To Live in the Zombie Apocalypse by Burlee Vang

with 0 comments
View this email on a browserForward to a friend
December 20, 2016
 

To Live in the Zombie Apocalypse

 
Burlee Vang
illustration

About This Poem

 

"I find myself constantly thinking about the survival of my little family and the different ways this world could end. Maybe that's not normal, but that's what I'm forced to think about when I'm stuck on the freeway for hours, trying to get home to my wife and kids. Bad traffic tends to inspire me to write about the apocalypse."
—Burlee Vang

 

Burlee Vang is the author of The Dead I Know: Incantation for Rebirth (Swan Scythe Press, 2010). He teaches at Long Beach City College and lives in Cerritos, California.

 

 

Poetry by Vang

 

The Dead I Know: Incantation for Rebirth

(Swan Scythe Press, 2010)

"Apocalypse Soliloquy" by Scott Hightower

read-more

"The Future Is Here" by Bianca Stone

read-more

"Voir Dire" by Justin Marks

read-more

Writing from the Absence

 

Burlee Vang's poem is featured in our new series Writing from the Absence: Voices of Hmong American Poets, curated by 2016 Walt Whitman winner Mai Der Vang. Read Mai Der Vang's introduction to the series and an interview with Burlee Vang about his poem.

 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment