MENU

Wednesday, February 1, 2017

C.R.E.A.M. by Danez Smith

with 0 comments
View this email on a browserForward to a friend
February 1, 2017
 

C.R.E.A.M.

 
Danez Smith
illustration

About This Poem

 

"Looking to Morgan Parker's work always helps me figure out my way through the work and the world. Her poem 'All They Want Is My Money My Pussy My Blood' is one of the best poems I've ever read, and thinking about her lines and play and boldness in that poem helped guide me through thinking about money, something that usually makes me itchy, nauseous, and cranky."
—Danez Smith

 

Danez Smith is the author of Don't Call Us Dead, forthcoming in 2017 from Graywolf Press. They live in St. Paul, Minnesota. 

 

Poetry by Smith

 

Don't Call Us Dead

(Graywolf Press, 2017)

"The Book of Genesis" by Morgan Parker

read-more

"Tell Me Something Good" by Ocean Vuong

read-more

"The Lost Woods as Elegy for Black Childhood" by Derrick Austin

read-more

Poem-a-Day

 

Launched during National Poetry Month in 2006, Poem-a-Day features new and previously unpublished poems by contemporary poets on weekdays and classic poems on weekends. If you enjoy Poem-a-Day, please consider making a donation to help make it possible.

Advertisement
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment