MENU

Thursday, July 27, 2017

"Huntington Beach" by Keegan Lester

with 0 comments
View this email on a browserForward to a friend
July 27, 2017
 

Huntington Beach

 
Keegan Lester
illustration

About This Poem

 

"As a person who suffers from anxiety, I often wonder how much of my anxiety about the world is self-imposed. I wonder if it's not that at a young age I might have heard someone say something and that person got it all wrong and thus I continued living my entire life after without knowing they got it wrong until the moment arrives when I see that it's not true. And I often wonder about what others live with and live through, others who never have the fortune and privilege to arrive at the moment where they find rest."
—Keegan Lester

 

Keegan Lester is the author of this shouldn't be beautiful but it was & it was all i had so i drew it (Slope Editions, 2016). He is the cofounder and poetry editor of Souvenir Lit and lives in New York City.

Poetry by Lester

 

"Debris" by William Brewer

read-more

"Detail of the Hayfield" by Richard Siken

read-more

"Please Read" by Mary Ruefle

read-more

Help Support Poem-a-Day

 

If you value Poem-a-Day, please consider a monthly donation or one-time gift to help make it possible. Poem-a-Day is the only digital series publishing new, previously unpublished work by today's poets each weekday morning. The free series, which also features a curated selection of classic poems on weekends, reaches 450,000+ readers daily. Thank you!

 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment